The New York City Anti-Violence Project (AVP) is seeking a Development Coordinator to join a three-person Development team. The Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development, and will also work with the Executive Director and the Development Committee of the Board of Directors. This position has strong potential for growth.
AVP envisions a world in which all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ), and HIV-affected people are safe, respected, and live free from violence. AVP’s mission is to empower lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and support survivors through counseling and advocacy.
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the Development Department and will assist in all major functions of fundraising: helping craft compelling funding proposals and appeals for foundations, corporations and government funders; conducting prospect research; working with Communications to develop online materials; and helping to envision and implement fundraising/cultivation events. This is an exciting time to join a new team in development, have a voice in developing strategic fundraising plans for the next three years, and contribute to a respected organization that is building upon a significant track record of success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writing, Research, Grants Management
• Maintain grants calendar; help manage existing portfolio of foundation grants
• Assist with writing persuasive funding proposals and report for private foundations
• Assist with submitting government grants and reports
• Research and identify prospects (foundation, corporate, government, and individual)
• Help develop fundraising communications and marketing materials (e-blasts, brochure copy, update website, etc.)
• Assist Major Gifts Manager and Development Director in developing vision, branding, and strategy for events
• Assist with coordination of multiple annual fundraising/cultivation events
Fundraising Data Management
• Generate reports to assist the Major Gifts Manager and Development Director in identifying prospects and developing fundraising strategies
• Process donations and manage Raiser’s Edge database including entering gifts and acknowledging donors
• Generate lists for year-end and other appeal mailings, annual events, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Fluency in Raiser’s Edge (or similar database) and Microsoft Office
• Minimum 3 years fundraising experience strongly preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to proactively problem-solve
• Ability to produce high quality work on deadline and keep multiple projects moving
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Highly responsive to requests from donors, board, and staff
• Open to flexible hours for fundraising events, including some evenings and weekends
• Strong alignment with AVP’s mission to empower LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing, education, counseling and advocacy
To apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Candidates will be notified if we are seeking an interview; because of high volume of responses it may not be possible to respond to all inquiries.
Applications received after March 10, 2017 may not be considered.
AVP is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses.
AVP encourages candidates with a commitment anti-oppression work, and to working to end violence within and against LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities, to apply.