This is a contracted position lasting 10 weeks, from April 1st to June 7th, with total compensation of $10,000. Further payment information will be detailed in contract after hiring. This contract is open to remote and local consultants.
The New York City Anti-Violence Project and NCAVP
AVP envisions a world in which all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ), and HIV-affected people are safe, respected, and live free from violence. AVP’s mission is to empower lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and support survivors through counseling and advocacy.
The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs is a coalition of over 50 anti-violence organizations that work to prevent, respond to, and end all forms of violence within and against the LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities. NCAVP is a program of the New York City Anti-Violence Project and publishes reports on hate violence and intimate partner violence in the LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities. View past reports here: https://avp.org/resources/reports/
AVP is seeking a dedicated individual with experience with SPSS and research experience with marginalized communities, especially LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities, to complete the data collection and analysis for the 2018 NCAVP hate violence and intimate partner violence reports. The reports aim to track patterns of violence and understand the climate of violence within and against LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities and people. The reports are often used by service providers, advocates, policymakers, the media, and academics.
DELIVERABLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and analyze aggregate and person/incident level data from 8-15 organizations.
- Identify effective and appropriate analytical methods to identity trends in incident level data.
- Support member programs with pulling information from databases by conducting technical assistance via phone and other methods.
- Answer member program’s other data related questions as needed.
Additional Reporting Support
- Write methodology section for report.
- Develop and present findings, including graphs and charts, to NCAVP staff and involved member programs.
- Collaborate with NCAVP Staff and NCAVP Committees to ensure key data is present and accurate in report.
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional experience with data collection, cleaning, and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SPSS and/or Excel data analysis.
- Commitment to and experience in engaging in culturally responsive, inclusive, and affirming working with diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and HIV-affected communities, and commitment to ending violence within and against those communities.
- Commitment to anti-oppression work, where oppression is understood as a system that gives some people, groups, or communities power over other people, groups or communities because of their identities and experiences.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Data Consultant” in subject line. Candidates will be notified for an interview. We will not be able to respond to all inquiries. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
AVP is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses.